From: Phase Web and Multimedia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 8:21 AM
To: Struts User List
Subject: Map Backed ActionForm using LinkedListHashMap

I experimented with using a LinkedListHashMap in order to preserve the order
of my Map entries from the jsp form into the ActionForm (map backed). It
appears that the population of my LinkedListHashMap does not preserve the
form order. I assume this is due to how the ActionServlet populates the Maps
in the ActionForm. Is support for this due in the future so that the order
in which the form is collected is in a predictable order when using a map.
It would be nice if reflection could be used to intelligently decide what
type of Map is being used and populate it accordingly.

Currently my solution is to supply a hidden sort element with a comma
delimited list of key names and the order I want them sorted. Then I resort
the map into a LinkListHashMap and I am able get the order that I want.

Anyways, it all works fine. I am just wondering.

Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia
P (406) 862-2245
F (406) 862-0354