> I don't understand why you cannot directly use the PDF-generator servlet, by
> adding a dedicated mapping in your web.xml.
It needs to go through the request processor, to check if the user is
logged in
or not.

> perform() method in any action MAY return an ActionForward, but CAN return
> null if it has build the response for the client browser. This is commonly
> used for PDF or Excel generation, where they're is no need for a JSP.

It writes the binary value(pdf) into the response.getOutputStream,
with content-Type "application/pdf" und with content-length set.
But in the browser nothing can be seen, even though the pdf that gets
created correctly,
and the browser is loading the pdf-plugin.

Any ideas ?

marcus