yup i have done it. U have to create your own outputstream wrapping
the servletoutputstream so that when you call the write method you get
the length of bytes of the pdf. Then for IE u need to use the GET
method instead of POST or you just append parameter and values in the
url. But at the end of the url there should be some dummy parameter
with value as '.pdf' . an example would be
http://localhost:7777/showPdfReport?from=31-JAN-2002&dumm1=8327687162831&dummy2

.pdf

cheers
Merrill

                    Jarnot Voytek Contr

                    AU HQ/SC                    To:     "'Struts Users Mailing List'"

                    <Voytek.Jarnot@MAXWE        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    LL.AF.MIL>                  cc:

                                                Subject:     RE: XML to PDF

                    01/22/03 01:44 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Struts Users

                    Mailing List"

Speaking of FOP, has anyone successfully streamed PDF to IE using FOP?
keep getting a blank screen, but mozilla works fine.  And yes, I have
tried
streaming to a ByteArrayOutputStream first, so that I could set
response.contentLength, but that didn't help...