Another solution is to do :

That's make the browser do nothing at all : no page moves, no blank, etc

Thomas

At 06:10 22/01/2003 -0700, you wrote:
Just to share another JavaScript tip I learned recently...

If I have an <a href="" onclick="" /> and I need to stop the "href" from
doing anything, I've often used href="#" or href="javascript://".  The
problem with # is that it sometimes causes the page to go to the top, and
javascript:// can look like a JavaScript error to the user (in the bottom
left of the screen, on the status bar).  I found that using href="?" works
pretty good and seems to alleviate both of the above issues.

I discovered this over at http://webfx.nu when I implemented the help tool
tip (http://www.webfx.nu/dhtml/helptip/helptip.html) into my application.

HTH,

Matt