On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, 11:58:45 AM, JONATHAN wrote:

JPH> Struts doesn't deal with client side browser stuff, your right,
JPH> but for those of us building complex user interface components in
JPH> a browser we have to use something.  Making the same
JPH> functionality available in desktop applications to web
JPH> appliactions is a big problem and we need a way of solving this.
JPH> HTML doesn't do the job on its own and so we need a scripting
JPH> language like Javascript.  The point I was trying to make was if
JPH> the Javascript used is compatible with Netscape (and possibly
JPH> Mozilla) as well as IE which is what I was viewing it on.

All of your standard javascript should work fine in all browsers. I've
only run into some complications when doing stuff with layers and
DHTML. You should be able to mimic the desktop applications pretty
well just using standard javascript principles. Maybe you have more
complex business requirements in mind, though, and that I can't really
gather from just an e-mail.

If you want feel free to e-mail me off-list what you need to
accomplish with javascript to duplicate your desktop apps.

--

Rick
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]