Any suggestions???

-----Original Message-----
From: Pani, Gourav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 2:15 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Using taglibs-log.tld for logging

I have been struggling with the implementation of taglibs-log.tld with my
struts project.

The following line is included in web.xml.

        <taglib taglib-uri='/WEB-INF/taglibs-log.tld'
taglib-location='/WEB-INF/taglibs-log.tld'/>

The file taglibs-log.tld is present under /WEB-INF
The file taglibs-log.jar is present under /WEB-INF/lib
The file log4j.properties is present under /WEB-INF/classes and is loading
successfully as my blank FileAppenders are being created successfully in the
log destination directory.

The following line is present in my JSP to include the taglib.

        <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/taglibs-log.tld" prefix="log" %>

The following line is used in my JSP to create a log entry.

<log:debug category="FilterDebug" message="This is the debug message"/>

I am skeptical whether my use of category is correct or not.  I have been
scouring the web and going through both Log4J documentation as well as
Taglibs-Log documentation (which is really limited due to its recent
release) but have been unable to figure out how the category maps to log4j.
I am including a section of my log4j.properties file in case that would
help.

# Servlet Error Logger
log4j.appender.FilterError=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.FilterError.Threshold=ERROR
log4j.appender.FilterError.file=/resin/webapps/bpo/WEB-INF/logs/FilterError.
log
log4j.appender.FilterError.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.FilterError.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{DATE} [Thread %5t]
%-5p [%c] - %m%n

# Servlet Warn Logger
log4j.appender.FilterWarn=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.FilterWarn.Threshold=WARN
log4j.appender.FilterWarn.file=/resin/webapps/bpo/WEB-INF/logs/FilterWarn.lo
log4j.appender.FilterWarn.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.FilterWarn.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{DATE} [Thread %5t]
%-5p [%c] - %m%n

# Servlet Debug  Logger
log4j.appender.FilterDebug=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.FilterDebug.Threshold=DEBUG
log4j.appender.FilterDebug.file=/resin/webapps/bpo/WEB-INF/logs/FilterDebug.
log
log4j.appender.FilterDebug.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.FilterDebug.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{DATE} [Thread %5t]
%-5p [%c] - %m%n

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lost in Log-land.