you might wanna look into Log4J.

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Addagalla [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 10:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Logging

Hi,

Please don't mind if my question is simplistic, but it's an area not
explored by me.

I need to implement logging in my Struts application. For now, I want to
keep it very very simple, may be just limit to printing debug/info
statements. But I am sure that in future I would need to provide a
sophisticated logging (with different logging levels and formats). So,
how should I design my logging now so that I would be able to seamlessly
extend it in future? Even better, I should be able to make use of
already existing free & open source logging APIs/frameworks. Pls guide
me on this aspect.

Thanks,
Suresh