From: Jacob Hookom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 1:32 PM
To: 'Sterin, Ilya'; ''Struts Users Mailing List' '
Subject: RE: Filters and Struts

I did some more checking on the 2.3 Spec and you are correct that it
does not allow for specific include requests.  I believe Craig had
mentioned before in Tomcat-User that the Filter chain is created once a
request, which would not accommodate dynamic includes.

Servlet 2.4 Specs
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/first/jsr154/
<http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/first/jsr154/>

With 2.4, you can define lots more in your filter-mapping for includes,
specific GET/POST requests etc.  I'm finishing up a robust caching
framework with the use of tags/filters, and the 2.4 features will really
simplify filter functionality, even with Security Filters.

-Jacob