Well,

it's rather simple -- I wanted to be able to use the power of struts constructs, even if the content was not known a priori. But I just realized that if I can do that (and I'm pretty sure there's a way to pass internally a string for the Struts taglibs to parse), I'd be incurring in a great performance loss, as this would always be compiled on the spot... Quite a silly thing...

Zorzella

Wendy Smoak wrote:
What if I wanted to generate Struts tags dynamically, say something like this:
<%= myClass.output () %>
public class MyClass {
public String output () {
// I want this to be further processed by Struts!!!
return "<bean:message key=\"a.message\"/>"
}
}

Can you explain more about what you're trying to do?  I have a suspicion
that the Struts-EL and/or JSTL might be what you need.