Hi!

1.) If i defined in defintion.xml sth. that should work in jsp code like
:

        base.layout ->  base_layout.jsp ->
                        <tiles:get name="content">      ->
workflow_content.jsp

<tiles:get name="register_region">      ->      register_region.jsp

this always gives me null exception. Why? Am i missing some
<tiles:insert> or <tiles:import> .... ?

2.)I do a workflow in 3 steps with tile/tile definitions , called from
struts actions. "register_region" is the tab in the North, content in
south.

<tiles-definitions>
        <definition name=".base.layout"
                    path="/base_layout.jsp">
                <put name="content"
                     value="${content}">
                </put>
                        <put name="register_region"
                             value="&nbsp;">
                        </put>
                        <put name="content"
                             value="&nbsp;">
                          </put>
        </definition>
        <definition name=".workflow.base"
                    extends=".base.layout">
                        <put name="register_region"
                     value="/register_region.jsp">
                </put>
                <put name="content"
                     value="${content}">
                </put>
        </definition>
        <definition name=".workflow.step1"
                    extends=".workflow.base">
                <put name="content"
                     value="/form_step1.jsp">
                </put>
        </definition>
        <definition name=".workflow.step2"
                    extends=".workflow.base">
                <put name="content"
                     value="/form_step2.jsp">
                </put>
        </definition>
        <definition name=".workflow.step3"
                    extends=".workflow.base">
                <put name="content"
                     value="/form_step3.jsp">
                </put>
        </definition>

I wondered why i have to define all tiles in base.layout abstract(via
"&nbsp;" ), just to override them in inheriting tiles with concret
*.jsp. So it is not an extending relationsship, only overriding
possible?

> jörg maurer - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> development
>
> ucp morgen | tomorrow is today
>
> fax: +43 1 532 64 64-300
> fon/sms: +43 676 6688 716
> snail: neutorgasse 12/7, 1010 vienna, austria
> url: http://www.ucpmorgen.com
>
> This message is confidential and may be legally privileged.
> We do not authorise any person other than the intended recipient
> to read, copy or use it.  If you are not the intended recipient,
> do not copy or disclose its content, but contact the sender
> immediately.
> Whilst we run anti-virus software, you are solely responsible for
> ensuring that any e-mail or attachment you receive is virus-free.
> We disclaim liability for any damage you suffer as a consequence of
> receiving any such virus.

Visit us at 3GSM World Congress 03:
Cannes, 18/02/03 - 21/02/03, Hall 2, Booth F37