Thanks for the link, but I still don't see what I did wrong :(  Any hints?
 Todd Pierce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:This might help:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dwinterfeldt/

-----Original Message-----
From: Swish [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 31 January 2003 10:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Validator, HELP

Hi All,

Got a question about configuring the validator. I have a date field that I
would like validated only if it has been entered. I have the following
entry in the validation.xml

datePatternStrict
MM/dd/yyyy

As it stands, if the user does not enter a date, i get back an error saying
that the date "is not a date."

Also, where can I find some docs on the Validator other then the javadoc,
cause the javadocs, ahm, well just don't seem to answer the questions I
have?

Thanks!!!