This appears in struts-config.xml in the struts-example webapp:
<!--
     This is the Struts configuration file for the example application,
     using the proposed new syntax.

     NOTE:  You would only flesh out the details in the "form-bean"
     declarations if you had a generator tool that used them to create
     the corresponding Java classes for you.  Otherwise, you would
     need only the "form-bean" element itself, with the corresponding
     "name" and "type" attributes.
-->

What is the "generator tool" it's talking about?  I'm just starting to
experiment with dynamic forms and I'm not sure if this is an old note or
something important.

And then I'm confused by the fact that the <form-property> tags are in
struts config:

    <form-bean      name="logonForm"
                    type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">
      <form-property name="username" type="java.lang.String"/>
      <form-property name="password" type="java.lang.String"/>
    </form-bean>

But they are ALSO in LogonForm.java:

public final class LogonForm extends ActionForm {
 private String password = null;
 private String username = null;
 public String getPassword() { return (this.password);  }
 public void setPassword(String password) {this.password = password; }
 public String getUsername() { return (this.username);   }
 public void setUsername(String username) {     this.username = username;
}

I thought they "Dynamic" part would generate the properties and get/set
methods based on the <form-property> tags and eliminate the need to code
those in the Form.  Andy why doesn't LogonForm extend  a DynaActionForm (?)
instead of plain old ActionForm?

Confused...

--
Wendy Smoak