Thanks David. That worked for the value attribute:

<logic:iterate name="aForm" property="stringArray" id="aString" >
 %>' />
</logic:iterate>

BUT, this resolves to an HTML text tag of:
<input type="text" name="org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN[0].aString"
value="somevalue">

This is my larger question --- what I'm trying to get is
<input type="text" name=aString[0] value="somevalue">

Using the Struts html:text tag with indexed="true", I am iterating over a
collection of String objects, NOT a collection of bean objects with
properties. Therefore, instead of using the bean name for the "name"
attribute and the bean property for the "property" attribute, like all of the
examples I have seen, I do not know what to put for the "name" and "property"
attributes, because this is a collection of Strings, not beans, and the
String objects do NOT have a property.

Please help !     I've been trying to get this to work for 2 days now.

Thanks,
Charlie