Hello,

This might not strictly be a struts question... but maybe it is..

I have a string:

XXX YYYYYYY

that appears very often in the web pages generated by the struts
application.  The YYYYYY part is constant;  the XXX part is read in
from a database and can change.

I'm specifying the string in my resource.properties file, and I'm
currently doing something like:

my.message=Welcome to {0} YYYYYYY.

I can then pass arg0 to the bean:message and it prints as it should.

But, I suspect that there is an easier way to do this than to have to
pass arg0 to all of the strings that need it.  This is prone to user
error in the future (people not remember the arg0s, not making the
bean properly, etc.

Is there a way in struts (or otherwise?) that I can automate this
somehow?  It would be nice to be able to make some sort of macro where
I could just say something like:

my.message=Welcome to {$YYYYYY}

everywhere and have it automatically replaced with XXX YYYYYY because of
soemthing that I had done earlier in the jsp, properties file, or code.

Thanks!

--

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          3051 Beckman Institute