In looking at the stack trace, the exception is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.  This means that the class definition could
not be found to instantiate the class.  For struts - does that mean it
cannot find DynaActionFormClass (from the stack trace) or that it cannot
find DynaValidatorForm as defined in the struts-config.xml file:

    <form-bean name="verifyForm"
type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">

Interestingly enough, both of these classes are in the same jar file as the
class that is trying to instantiate it:
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.createActionForm.

So is this a class loader problem?  My struts jar is in the WEB-INF/lib
directory.

Is this a timing issue?  When does struts load the struts-config.xml and try
to create the form beans (such as verifyForm)?

SEVERE: Error creating form bean of class verifyForm
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
sorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc
torAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionFormClass.newInstance(DynaActionFormClass
.java:238)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.createActionForm(RequestUtils.java:611)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:635)
        at org.apache.jsp.verify$jsp._jspService(verify$jsp.java:97)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:201)
        at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:473)