I am populating my form bean in an action as is suggested in some mailing
list posts I read:

execute method on action that sets up the form:

TestNested nestedForm = new TestNested();
nestedForm.setTestUser(populateTestUser());

request.setAttribute("nestedForm", nestedForm);
System.out.println("Set form in request scope");

return mapping.findForward("test.nested.page");

on my JSP I can display the contents of the form bean:

    <nested:iterate property="testUser">
                First Name: <nested:text property="firstName" />
                Last Name<nested:text property="lastName" />
                        <nested:iterate property='carsList'>
                                <nested:checkbox property='selected'/>
<nested:write property='carName'/>
                        </nested:iterate>
        </nested:iterate>

</form>
However when I submit the form, I get a javax.servlet.ServletException:
BeanUtils.populate exception. I won't include the whole stack trace.
I have the following in my reset method of my form bean:
public void reset( ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest request ) {
                System.out.println("Entered reset method on form bean");

                if( this.testUser != null ){
                        System.out.println("testUser is not null");
                        System.out.println("The size of testUser is " +
testUser.size() );
                        for(int i = 0; i < testUser.size(); i++){
                                List cars =
((TestUser)testUser.get(i)).getCarsList();
                                for( int j = 0; j < cars.size(); j++){
                                        CarBean car = (CarBean)cars.get(j);
                                        car.setSelected(false);
                                }
                        }
                }
                else{
                        System.out.println("testUser is null");
                }

If anyone can tell me if they've had a similar problem and what their
solution has been I would appreciate it.

Thanks