Are you using modules? If your module doesn't define a message resources then it won't find the error messages.

David

From: Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Show stopping validator problem.
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 11:58:47 +0000

Hi there.

I'm using the Javascript validator, and have run into a problem that I can't get around.

When a field is invalid, the Javascript dialog box just comes up empty, and I can't figure out why. I had a look at the code generated in JavaScript, and it appears to be missing the actual error messages:

function required () {
this.aa = new Array("name", "", new Function ("varName", " return this[varName];"));
this.ab = new Array("address", "", new Function ("varName", " return this[varName];"));
this.ac = new Array("telephoneNumber", "", new Function ("varName", " return this[varName];"));
this.ad = new Array("emailAddress", "", new Function ("varName", " return this[varName];"));
}
The second parameter in the arrays should have the error message in it, but it comes out blank.
I can't see why, because I have the messages in the app resources file and the validation.xml is set up correctly, and I have the <html:javascript> tag in the page.

Is there anything else it could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated;