Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:02:30 +0100
From: Tom Ziemer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Problem with struts, taglibs and i18n

Hello,

I've got a little problem: I am working on an application that uses
struts, castor, taglibs, etc. and I've written a custom tag
that will create the page-design for me:
[Part of my tld]
<tag>
    <name>myDesign</name>
    <tagclass>tag.DesignTag</tagclass>
    <bodycontent>jsp</bodycontent>
	<info>
		uni design
	</info>
    <attribute>
       <name>design</name>
       <required>true</required>
       <rtexprvalue>false</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>

    <attribute>
       <name>title</name>
       <required>true</required>
       <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>

    <attribute>
       <name>heading</name>
       <required>true</required>
       <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    </attribute>
  </tag>

Now I want to take advantage of the i18n capabilities that STRUTS has
and I tried to replace the TITLE and the HEADING with information
from my ApplicationResources.properties. But I cannot get it to work -
all it will display is "<bean:message key="index.heading"/>".
I have tried to access the information from index.heading via a
scriptlet but I couldn't figure out that one either.

[Part of my login.jsp]
<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/myTest.tld" prefix="test" %>

<test:myDesign design="uni" title="Uniforum - Login"
	<bean:message key="index.heading"/>
	<test:myTable title="Login">

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,