Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

Digester is pretty cool (if I do say so myself :-).  It's what Struts uses
to process struts-config.xml files, and what Tomcat uses to read web.xml
and server.xml files.
Yes it is very cool and nice to use :) . I've done some simple things with it based on a tutorial I followed from the site. One question though, I've been poking around the admin webapp source in tomcat, which file actually reads the server.xml? Or is the contents of server.xml already made available to the webapp?

I will check out the commons digester api in further detail.

The Javadocs are also available online:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/api/

In particular, read the "Package Description" which has a good overview of
how Digester can be used.

Finally, the COMMONS-USER mailing list is a good place for general
questions on Digester that aren't Struts related.

Craig