The documentation for <html:select> indicates that if the "multiple" attribute is
specified with ANY non-null value, it will be rendered as a multiple select.  However,
it would be much more intuitive if this accepted a boolean value like, for instance,
the disabled attribute of <html:option>.  I understand that leaving off the attribute
will render a single select, but if the value of multiple is coming from a bean, and
since it makes sense that this is a boolean value, it would follow that the multiple
attribute would understand a boolean value.  I can have my bean return a String
instead of a boolean, and default that String to null, but it still seems as though
this attribute could be more developer-friendly.

Am I missing some logical reason behind the behavior of this attribute?  Am I the only
one who thinks this is counter-intuitive?  Would it make sense to allow boolean values
for this attribute in future releases?

Thanks,

Justin