From: Michael Hanisch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 1:45 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: Forward new form to new page

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 19:29, Clement, Stephen wrote:
> RTFM?
>
> I realize the I could use javascript or href target to accomplish this but
> was looking for a more struts solution.
>
> At a point in my action (struts action) instance, I would like to return a
> form to a different target, can I do that using the Struts 1.0.2 API?
> ActionForward or something like that?

You don't "return a form to a different target" - HTTP has no notions of
frames whatsoever. If you specify the target in the <a>, the browser
takes care of doing some request and then places it in a frame; the
server doesn't care (and doesn't need to know anyway).

If you really want to do that on the server's side (and not use
javascript), you'd have to return some HTML with a new <FRAMESET> which
will load the frames you want. Needless to say, this will result in the
other frames being reloaded as well, so it won't scale well.

HTH,
        Michael.

Michael Hanisch                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Red Hat - RH Interchange Inc., Orleansstrasse 4,  D-81669 Munich/Germany
phone: +49 (0)89 206058-53                      fax: +49 (0)89 206058-88