Hi Bernhard,

I have the same problems as you.

Application.properties (fallback english)
Application_de_DE.properties( German translation )

I'm using 1.1b2. If your OS language is German the German property is used.
If not the English one.
My application does seem to use session saved Locales.

Do you save the locale in the session?

Maybe you try:

<controller
        nochache="true"
        locale="true"
/>

in your struts-config.xml.

I tried locale with 1.1b2 but not with nocache. Maybe that work in 1.1b3 and
with both set to true.
If it works with 1.1.b3 could you inform me?

Bye
Toby