On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 09:47, Heligon Sandra wrote:
> My Struts Web Application is small part of a big project and
> the choice for this project is to use XML file.
> All application of the project must have a config directory with
> a file resources.xml that contains errors, warning messages and label for
> GUI applications.
> For my application all these Strings are in the resources.properties
> file but to be conform to the global project I would like to use XML file.
Well, if you really have to, I see two ways of doing it:
a) easy: write an XSLT stylesheet which transforms your XML-ish resource
   file to a Properties file; use this as part of your build process
   ==> no real coding necessary
b) subclass org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources with your own code
   which looks up the properties in the XML; write a matching
   subclass of org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory which
   returns instances of the class mentioned above.
   Configure struts to use that factory (see MessageResourcesConfig )

HTH,
        Michael.

--
Michael Hanisch                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Red Hat - RH Interchange Inc., Orleansstrasse 4,  D-81669 Munich/Germany