Hi,
I am new to using struts 1.1. I currently have a 1.0 application that I am in the process of refactoring. My approach had been to use DispatchAction classes with multiple methods (create, update, delete, etc.) to implement business logic (sorry!) for corresponding events on the jsp page. ActionErrors were created in the DispatchAction methods and forwarded to the success page. Now I would like to isolate the business logic to a bean class and use the scaffold ProcessAction class ala the Artimus app in Struts in Action. Since the bean class has all the business logic how do I communicate errors? The only type of message I saw propagated to the "success" page were messages from ParameterException. I also did not have any success with a custom exception handler...seemed like the exception needed to be thrown by something with request visibility and not the bean class. Thanks,

Dan McGowan