On Saturday 15 February 2003 09:44, John Dubchak wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm trying to conceive of a way, using frames and framesets and JSP's, to
> generate a dynamic navigation bar (the kind that typically reside along the
> left hand side of a web page) using Struts.
>
> The idea is that an action that is either selected from the navigation bar
> or a content page may change the state of the web application. Once this
> state change occurs I want to have a way to update both the navigation bar
> (if warranted) and the content frame.
>
> A co-worker suggested using JavaScript for this, but my contention is that
> you will couple Model behavior with a view and this type of partitioning
> should be avoided - IMHO.
>
> I believe this is a problem that others have faced and solved in the past
> and therefore want to solicit any feedback that may point me in the right
> direction.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm using struts and that the navigation
bar triggers a change in content with the html:link tag and the target
attribute.

My action then uses a mapping to forward to a JSP page, but I would like a
way, if possible, to specify a target at this point to have it update both
the navigation and content panes, but can't find anything that indicates if
it can be done in the struts-config file and the <forward> tag.

John