> then how do you convert the html back to a .doc file. I could provide
> for download the html pages, but the images i want to include would be
> seperate from the html file. I am trying to think of a tidier way?
> looking down the thread .rtf format is not the easiest, and POI is in a
> early release. Anyone know what i can do? or have any suggestions?
[John Cavacas]

That was my post you refer to. Anyway, in our requirements for this
application, since users are really creating a template for a document that
they will manually have to finish and save, turning back the document into
word is a manual process done by the user. Dealing with images becomes a bit
trickier but also doable. You could for example save the template HTML file
into a directory that is created on the fly based on some sequence name.
Then save any images that are needed by that document in the same directory
and reference them relative to the document in the HTML and the images would
load when the user loads the document in word. I haven't actually tried
that, but it should work. There was no requirement for images in our
application, but if it comes up that's the approach I would take.

John

This communication is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity it
was addressed to and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is prohibited.  If you receive this communication in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this communication
from your system(s) to which it was sent and/or replicated to. (c) 2002
Sapiens Americas Corp.