Solution 1 will most likely work for me, but one more question. Can I send paramers to that action somehow? I imagine something like:
<frame src="reviewDCIR.do?dcirNbr=123456789" name="reviewDCIR">
Will this work?

Nicolas De Loof wrote:

Here is what I undersand :

1. your action puts some beans into request scope
2. it forwards to a JSP, let's say A.jsp
3. A.jsp defines a framest, containing B.jsp
4. B.jsp looks in request for the bean.

As frameset is the response your browser gets from the 1. request, it has to
make a second request to get the frame content (B.jsp) and you get a NEW
empty request scope.

Solution 1 :
1st action does nothing but forward to A.jsp. A.jsp defines a frameset,
containing an action "B.do" that can put datas in request scope.

Solution 2 :
same, but 1st action puts datas in session scope, "B.do" action remove them
from session and put it in request for B.jsp.

Solution 3 (ugly but sometime usefull):
1st action puts datas in session scope and B.jsp remove it after using.

Best solution depends the reason you come into a frameset :
if result is allways in a frameset, 1 is best.
if result will be a frameset on some condition, look at 2 or 3

Nico.

I've had problems with getting objects out of my reqest object for a
particular page and I suspect that it's because the page that I am
calling the object from is in a frame. Would the page being inside a
frame keep me from accessing an object that my previous action had set
in the request? Thanks.