Why?  Can you elaborate?  Test against index value of 0 will work for collection size
of 1, 2, or n.  The only problem I can see is if your collection is empty; in which
case this technique will result in a dot.  You can work around this by testing before
iterating.

> How can I easily get that value?

Using some Java.

<nested:nest
  property="someProperty"/>
  <nested:define
          id="theCollection"
    property="someCollection"/>
  <%
    int sizeMinusOne == theCollection.size() - 1;
  %>

  <nested:iterate
    property="someCollection"
     indexId="index">
    <logic:notEqual
      property="index"
         value="<%=sizeMinusOne%>">,</logic:notEqual>
  </nested:iterate>
  .
</nested:nest>

> This sounds a bit weird :-)