        From: asatrasala [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Wed 2/19/2003 8:51 PM
        To: Struts Users Mailing List
        Subject: Re: tags to deal with hashmaps

        Followup question.
        How can I do a lookup, instead of interating over the hashmap.

        Following is my scriplet code, can anyone help me to convert the
        following code to use
        taglibs.  I don't have any problem using iterate tag just for a
        collection.  But, don't know what to do with 'hashmaps'

        Thanks
        -Aswath

        <%  Collection colBeans = (Collection)request.getAttribute
        (Constants.REQ_COLLECTION1) ;
            HashMap map = (HashMap)request.getAttribute (Constants.REQ_HASH) ;
            Iterator iter = colBeans.iterator () ;
            ProjectBean projBean ;
            while (iter.hasNext ()) {
                jobBean = (com.transpak.dbbeans.JobBean)iter.next () ;
                projBean = (ProjectBean)map.get(new Long(jobBean.getID())) ; %>
            <%}%>

        http://shopnow.netscape.com/