Thanks Kris,

This code snippet, is it from the struts code base? I guess that would mean that
fixing the problem cannot be done without changing Struts itself?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Schneider [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 6:38 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: REPOST: Locale object in session

The problem eventually boils down to RequestUtils.retrieveUserLocale blindly
calling:

Locale userLocale = (Locale)pageContext.getAttribute(locale,
PageContext.SESSION_SCOPE);

Seems like it could check for the existence of a session and use
pageContext.getRequest().getLocale() in its absence...

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>