using html:rewrite ensures that things will still work when you change your
context path...

Your last example wont work because you can't nest tags.  If you can use the
html-el tags, this should work:

although this does seem to demonstrate perhaps too tight a coupling between
your back-end and web tier...

--
Voytek Jarnot