Let's make sure we understand the problem first: When you hit the page -- using the
Windows default locale, namely en-US? -- you do not see Arabic characters. But when
you change the default locale of Windows to Arabic, the page displays correctly. Is
this right? If so, then (AFAIK) everything is behaving as it should. The "lang"
attribute of the HTML tag is merely a suggestion for the browser; how it actually
handles the character encoding will differ from implementation to implementation.

-= J