On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Damm, Gary wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:26:47 -0800
> From: "Damm, Gary" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Struts on Jserv???
>
> I've developed a Struts application on Tomcat.  Now our operations folks
> are attempting to deploy it to an Apache/Jserv configuration but having
> problems.
>
> Before I attempt the installation I wondering if anyone familiar with
> Jserv can tell me if there are inherent issues deploying a Struts
> application.  Any helpful configuration tips?  The Struts installation
> instructions do not include documentation for Jserv so I'm wondering if
> it will even work.

Are you speaking of Apache JServ (the old servlet container that predated
Tomcat)?  If so, give up now -- that container supported only Servlet 2.0,
and Struts requires at least Servlet 2.2.  JServ also didn't support JSPs
directly at all.

If you're talking about mod_jserv the communications link between the
Apache HTTPD server and Tomcat, your best place for help is the
TOMCAT-USER list.  The only unusual step is to ensure that your config
file forwards requests that are mapped to the controller servlet (*.do if
you use the default mapping) to Tomcat.