From: Mohan Radhakrishnan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 9:03 AM
To: 'Struts Users Mailing List'
Subject: Cache problem

Hi,
        I'm facing the following problem with the cache.

This is my javascript.
menu.addMenuItem("TCP vs. UDP vs.
ICMP","location='generic.action?report=21'");

    1. This calls GenericAction and puts the report parameter in the session
and forwards to a JSP that displays some descriptive text.

    This description JSP has the following
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache, must-revalidate">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">

    2. My web.xml has

        <init-param>
      <param-name>nocache</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>

Now my GenericAction is not called always when the menu is clicked. This has
caused severe problems.

    What are we doing wrong here ? Is there a better solution for this ?
Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Mohan