From: Robert S. Sfeir [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: February 25, 2003 10:30 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Reporting an Exception message in a JSP.

On Tuesday, Feb 25, 2003, at 10:14 US/Eastern, David Graham wrote:

> Well, I would never show my user an error message from some low level
> system such as the database.  If you really want them to see this info
> you could define a message key as anything={0} and substitute your SQL
> message.  I highly discourage this but it's an option.

True but in my case I find it sometimes easier to turn on debugging
from my browser on a live app to see what's causing the exception the
user is seeing without having to look at logs or anything, so while the
user never sees this error in normal processing, I can see the
exception when trying to debug and figure out what's going on on a live
app.

I don't know if this was the original poster's intent though.

Robert S. Sfeir
Senior Java Engineer
Codepuccino, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

definition - Codepuccino n:
A Little JSP mixed with lots of Java, usually served with Servlets, a
Datasource, a sprinkle of XML, and sometimes EJB.  (See Great MVC
Frameworks)