I had a similar problem.  My App Server is behind a firewall and cannot
directly access the web.  For some reason, the version of the
commons-validator.jar bundled with RC1 does not satisfy the DTD lookup. I
resolved this by downloading the current release of the validator framework
(1.0.1) and using that instead. Of course, commenting out the DOCTYPE will
disable the XML validation, which would also work.

                      Heligon Sandra

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "'Struts Users Mailing
List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      homson.net>              cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: Can not run my
application since update  with Struts1.1 Relea       se C andidate 1
                      02/26/03 09:27 AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Struts Users

                      Mailing List"

Finally I resolved one on the two errors. The error concerning the
ClastCastException was due to a modification of my UML model when
I updated the Struts classes. The generated code was false.
The BaseAction doesn't extend no more the struts Action class.

But I don't have resolved the second problem.
To not have the [ERROR] ValidatorPlugIn I must place teh following lines in
the validator-rules.xml
file.

<!--<!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC
          "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules
Configuration 1.0//EN"
          "http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd";>--
As of February 12, 2003 Thomson unifies its email addresses on a worldwide
basis.Please note my new email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thomson is the leader in solutions and technologies for the entertainment
and media industries and serves its customers under its four strategic
brands: Technicolor, Grass Valley, RCA and THOMSON.
More about Thomson: http://www.thomson.net/videochain

Has someone any idea ?