From: Sri Sankaran
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 3:17 PM
To: Struts-User
Subject: [OT] DTD URL in web.xml

Does the servlet container actually access the location specified for the DTD in the
DOCTYPE statement of the web.xml?

Couple of reasons for this question:
* JRun 3.1 is having heartache with my app that I just ported
  to Struts 1.1.  It throws a ServletException with the message
  External entity not found: "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";.
* This seems un-necessary and circuitous.  One would think the
  container would maintain a copy of the DTD

The odd thing is that it works for the Struts 1.0 web.xml.

Sri