I thought because Struts uses BeanUtils that it would have been able to figure this
out for you byusing

You cant do this:

because struts treats whatever is in the value parameter as a literal, and does not
perform a lookup.

Because the TextTag uses RequestUtils.Lookup method to lookup the "property" which in
turn, uses the very nifty BeanUtils from commons to find the value from our array
based form property.

Now, BeanUtils offers us some cool functionality:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/api/org/apache/commons/beanutils/PropertyUtils.html

"Indexed (name[index]) - The underlying property value is assumed to be an array, or
this JavaBean is assumed to have indexed property getter and setter methods. The
appropriate (zero-relative) entry in the array is selected. List objects are now also
supported for read/write. You simply need to define a getter that returns the List "

Now, I dont know how this works in practice ;)

Good luck,
Mark

Hi,

      Answering my own question :-\

         <bean:define id="enddate" name="reportForm" property='<%=
"endDateIndexed[" + 0 + "]" %>'/>
size="12" value="<%=enddate.toString()%>"

      This seems to work.

Mohan