From: Dan Allen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 7:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: one more prepopulate question

I know that the prepopulate question has been beaten into the ground around here and
the answer on the FAQ page is complete in answering most questions I have about the
concept.  But I just want to run something by this list, see if I am going about it in
the right way.

When you are designing an application, and the index page has several mini-forms (such
as a limited search, a login and maybe a site index) the first page has to be a *.do
page.  So I figured, make an index.jsp page with

<logic:redirect page="/index.do"/>

Then my /index action would prepare the forms and display /home.jsp. The FAQ talks
about putting the form population in the Action class for the /index action, which
works great...

...except, how would you populate more than one form?  Seems like in the cast you
limit yourself to the form defined in the action mapping.  Would it be necessary to
just set up an action chain?

Dan

Daniel Allen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/