Hi,

struts-layout tries to be compatible with both struts 1.0 and 1.1, which causes the deprecated errors you got when compiling with struts 1.1.
However, this should not prevent the use of strut-layout with b3. (unless you use the struts-layout plugin, which still use the b2 interface).

Best regards,

Jean-Noel Ribette