> Urls should only be mapped to Struts if you want
> Struts to process them.

That's not easy, considered that the Struts servlet may only have one
single mapping! Especially after pestering other people to get rid of
the '/cgi-bin/', '/servlet/', '.pl' and '.jsp's in the addresses, I'd
rather not start introducing '/action/' or '.do'...

It seems there is currently no way to achieve a clean naming scheme with
Struts, e.g.

/app/search (Action)
/app/view (Action)
/app/resources/logo.png (Resource)

Of course I could set up a bunch of forwards, but that wouldn't stop
people from bookmarking URLs such as '/app/view.do?id=100' instead of
'/app/view?id=100'. I realize this may not be a big issue for many
projects (short lived, internal etc.), but for us it is.

Anyways, see Tim Berner-Lee's discussion of this subject:
http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html

--
Eric Jain