From: Kuzminski, Nicolas Sent: Martes, 04 de Marzo de 2003 17:30
Subject: RE: Beginner Tiles Problem

The problem is, you can't use a definition as a plain forward. It does not work as a url. Try this instead:

<action path="/go" type="org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.DefinitionDispatcherAction" parameter="def"> <forward name="success" path="/ok"/>
<forward name="error" path="/err"/>
</action>

(those two forwards are required, don't know why)

And redefine the forward:

<forward name="welcome" path="/go.do?def=my.default" redirect="false"/>

So now you have a real url that points to a definition: /go.do?def=anydef.

Saludos, Nicolas.

-----Original Message----- From: White, Joshua A (CASD, IT) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Martes, 04 de Marzo de 2003 17:28 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Beginner Tiles Problem

I have successfully set up tiles using a tiles-def.xml file. In this file, I have set up a definition for "my.default".

I have been successfully able to view this layout by inserting the following
code into a jsp:
        <%@ taglib uri="struts-html" prefix="html"%>
        <%@ taglib uri="struts-bean" prefix="bean"%>
        <%@ taglib uri="struts-tiles" prefix="tiles"%>
        <tiles:insert definition="my.default"/>

Again, this works fine.  I have been attempting to declare a global forward
mapping for the same layout:
   <global-forwards>
       <forward name="welcome" path="my.default" redirect="false"/>
   </global-forwards>

I have inserted the following code into a jsp file to test the forwards:
        <%@ taglib uri="struts-logic" prefix="logic"%>
        <logic:forward name="welcome"/>

When I hit the page containing this code, Tomcat gives me a 404 ("The
requested resource (/myapp/my.default) is not available."). Whats happening
here?

Joshua

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

"AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD. Este mensaje y la información incluída en él es confidencial y está dirigida únicamente al destinatario. Puede contener información privilegiada, confidencial, amparada por el secreto profesional y/o que no deba ser revelada. Si Usted ha recibido este mail por error, por favor comuníquenoslo inmediatamente via e-mail y tenga la amabilidad de eliminarlo de su sistema. Queda notificado que no deberá copiar este mensaje ni utilizar, divulgar, publicar o distribuir su contenido de modo alguno. Todo mensaje enviado a esta dirección de correo electrónico puede ser sujeto a inspección por alguien distinto de su receptor originario. Muchas gracias.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and then delete it from your computer. All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Meridian Financial S.A and/or Providian Bank S.A corporate e-mail system and is subject to archiving and review by someone other than the recipient. Thank you"