Hi,

I think that the problem is not related to the Tiles. What you want is to be able to add a request parameter to the current requestResponse.
When Tiles include the controller via its url, is simply do an include, and doesn't modify the requestResponse object. So, you still have all the http parameters that are associated to the request. You can yourself modify the requestResponse object in your action before inserting the tiles. Check the jsp and servlet spec to know if it is possible to add an http parameter. Personally I use to pass such extra parameters in the request context or Tile context rather than a new http parameter.

Hope this help,

Cedric

Brandon Goodin wrote:

Hey all,

I have asked this question in the past and have lived with the limitation of
not being able to do it. The only reason why I ask now is that I recently
gave a quickstart presentation on tiles and wasn't sure if somethin had been
added to remedy the problem. So, I wanted to pose it again to see if there
has been an enhancement that supports it or there is a viable workaround
that can produce the same results (without scriplets).

I have a layout that has an <insert> that uses the controllerUrl attribute.
I want to append a parameter to the controllerUrl. Is this possible yet?

For example:

I have this definition:

<definition name="tile.weather"
   path="/layouts/weather/weatherlayout.jsp"
   controllerUrl="/do/weather"/>

When the page renders I want to attach the following request paramters to
the controllerUrl value:

?weatherStationID=KFCA

So that the controllerUrl ultimately calls:

controllerUrl="/do/weather?weatherStationID=KFCA"

The parameters will be supplied by the action that called the parent layout.

This is not a realworld example. It is just a simple illustration. Please do
not send me alternate approaches. I just want to know if dynamic parameter
appending is possible with tiles.

Thanks all.
Brandon Goodin
Phase Web and Multimedia