From: Rick Reumann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 7 March 2003 11:51 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: logic:iterate tag revisited

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:33:50 +1100
"Steve Vanspall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Here's my problem, I have modelled my iterate tag on a working example
> I was given by a colleague.
>
> this is my jsp code
>
> <logic:iterate name="RenderHTMLForm"
> type="com.crm.util.TemplateBeans.IMGTemplateBean"
> property="imageFieldsList" id="imfFile">
>         property="id"/></td><td align="left"><html:file name="imgFile"
>         property="file"
> accept="image/gif,image/jpeg"/></td>
>       <script>nameArray[cnt] =
>       '<%=TemplateBeans.IMG_TMPLT%>:<bean:write
> name="imfFile" property="id"/>';
>                       cnt++;
>                       </script>
> </logic:iterate>
>

> when I run it I get
>
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find bean imfFile in any scope

are you sure it's not saying "imgFile" is not any scope??? If you look
you named one of them imgFile and the other imfFile but I don't see
where you ever declared the id imgFile ? Is imgFile declared somewhere
else?

Also, are you positive your list has IMGTemplateBeans in it? If you
remove all the <tr></tr> stuff and just print out "test<BR>" in there do
you get a bunch of "test"s printed out?

Are you also positive that your imageFieldsList is being populated with
the type "com.crm.util.TemplateBeans.IMGTemplateBean" You sure nothing
is spelled wrong there..etc. ?

I know a lot of this is probably obvious but it's always the obvious
that gets me:) A mistyped letter or something.

--
Rick Reumann