What you will do in your web.xml def file is to define wich
servlet will map all the request you will got. And based
on wich pattern.

By doing this you tell your server all the request who
include *.do need to be *forwarded* to your servlet
to map the appropriate action (based on your struts-config)

Usually we use that one :

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

(I'm not sure if my definition is good as well, propably someone

will correct me)

--

Alexandre Jaquet