Some of our forms have reference fields that deal with very large domains -
far too many to populate a "<html:select" with, performance would suck. I've
seen something similar before - a button that when pressed pops up a new
window that lets you scroll through items a "page" at a time. When you
select the item and press OK, its value is populated back to the main form.

Does anyone know of a reference implementation of such a control? I know its
bound to involve a good bit of JavaScript/DHTML in order to pop-up the
window, communicate with the server as scrolling occurs, and then set the
form on the original form. All of which  is something I'm fairly new to.

Thanks in advance. - Richard