Does that Action contain member variables? Maybe 2 threads are overwritting member data and causing the Action to fail.

David

From: "Whitmire, Jeffrey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: ActionServlet Action caching problem
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:07:29 -0500

I've got a weird one.  I'm hoping that somebody else has encountered this
before and can help.  We are in the midst of load testing our app before
rolling it out to production.  I have one action class (only one) that
starts failing well over an hour into the test.

It appears that the instance of that action class cached by the
ActionServlet becomes invalid.  I can see no reason why the change in
behaviour, but at some point the RequestProcessor gets an instance to the
Action that is no longer valid.  It is not null, but it never executes it.
The rest of the app works perfectly, but that button (tied to that specific
Action) never works again until the tomcat instance is restarted.  It just
hangs, and the last indication in the log is the RequestProcessor finding
and returning an instance of that action class.

Has anyone ever had problems with Action instances going stale?  or some
other config problem that could cause this?

Thanks, I'm a bit desparate,
Jeff.