How are empty lines affecting the display of the html? AFAIK, browsers ignore blank lines.

David

From: Igor Lyubimov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: unwanted emty lines in produced html
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:17:07 +0100

Hallo!

I use struts-tiles framework for my web application.

When I look in produced html code, I see wery much empty lines. In this case I become broken design. (Some divs have incorrect size, table cells are broken etc.)

As I understand this problem, this emty lines are produced by embedded java statements and struts/tiles tags like:

<% ... %>
<%@ ... %>
<tiles:useAttribute ... />

So, how can I control the output? I need to be able to use in my code constructions (as stated above) and I do not like to have one emty line per construction. I do not like to have very long lines in my code too.

Have anybody solution for this problem?

Thanks a lot,

     |       |
     | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
      -------                           Technologiepark
                                        Martin-Schmeisser-Weg 9
                                        D-44227 Dortmund
     Dipl.-Mathematiker Igor Lyubimov   Fon: +49-231-9703-0
     [EMAIL PROTECTED]             Fax: +49-231-9703-200