From: Rick Reumann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 13 March 2003 16:42
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: BaseBean questions [was] [ANN] Struttin' With Struts beta
(newbies esp. welcome)

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 06:22:58 -0500
Vic Cekvenich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also, a bean should not do persistence, but should delegate. So I
> create a "helper" object, a DAOImplementation. ( a DAO also has a
> base). One thing is obvoice, a baseBean needs to CRUD, so it makes
> sense to baseBean { public void save() { DAO.update(); }}

I love the OO approach to your code, I'm just still very confused about
how a simple implementation of a BaseBean would work in calling a DAO to
save itself? In other words, what gets passed to the DAO from the
BaseBean implementation to do the CRUD?

For example in a case where you had:

EmployeeFormBean extends BaseBean

I would take it EmployeeForBean would need to hold user fields such as
firstName, lastName, address, etc with appropriate getter and setters.
How do these fields then get passed to your DAO for the CRUD operations?

Thanks,

--
Rick Reumann