Simon,

What I've done (and I haven't tested it yet since I'm still coding
supporting stuff so I'm not sure if it works) is to have an array
property within my form bean.  This would hold the id's for the selected
subsystem.  Within your jsp page, make sure all the checkboxes have the
same name, and it should populate that array with the same name as the
checkboxes in your form bean.

I'm hoping this works for me!

Kevin